Saturday, January 5, 2013

Healing Sweater v.2

Just a quick check in to report Healing Sweater progress:

Maddy Laine's Garden Paths a.k.a The Healing Sweater
The only things I have left to do are seam the right side body, both under sleeve seams, and finish the button bands, which the stitches for those are being held on stitch markers.  One is actually a bona fide stitch marker, complete with bright blue plating, but the other, sadly, is a safety pin.

I teach seaming.  I love seaming.  I know, call me all kinds of names.  But I've actually learned something about my own seaming process while doing this sweater.  I've taken my time while doing it (novel concept, right?), and it has been much more tidy, enjoyable, and clear.  It might have something to do with the fact this sweater is going to a family member, but..um..I guess I want it to be perfect.  I want it to show that things can actually be put together pretty well, despite what they may behave like.

In the upper left corner of the photo is the scant quantity of yarn I have remaining.  But, like this sweater exercise as a whole, I'm going to have faith it will get me where I need to go.

Happy New Year and Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. Obviously, this project is more than just a sweater. Thank you for sharing the project and the meaning behind it.

    ReplyDelete