Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shameful yarn dieting.

It's happened.  Something I used to scoff about when others said it.  I am officially bowing my head in shame, and admitting that I have finally experienced what it feels like to NEED to be on a yarn diet.

I was just casually reorganizing after turning in two projects and getting back from Sarasota last weekend when I came across so many "forgotten" skeins of yarn that have yet to have a go with me.  And these ain't no chump yarns, either.  We're talking Madeleine Tosh Chunky in the Boxwood colorway.  It's so funny how things change.  I remember being in the yarn store when I bought it, thinking, "OOOH! I can't wait to get home to make something!!"  And here it is months later, and the same yarn is no better off than candy that sits in a jar too long. I even went so far as to beg my partner to help me. I told him that anytime I'm in a yarn store and I proclaim, "I just HAVE to have this", to just look at me with a pouty lip and ask "what about the sweater you promised you'd finish a year ago?"  That should do it.

I recently updated my Ravelry page with correct PDF's, and here are two sock patterns I felt like re-posting from the dead-and-gone Yarn Ball Boogie blog.  (Thank God that's over).

1. Stalkers


2.  Seize Diamondbacks

As always, thanks for reading, and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment